Parent Teacher Organization
Dallas International School has many supportive parent and teacher volunteers. Many events, activities and programs are organized by the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) to enhance and enrich the experience of the DIS community. All parents, teachers and staff are automatic members of the PTO.
The DIS PTO is a volunteer, non-profit organization whose purpose is to support the students by engaging in fundraising projects, supporting various student enrichment activities, providing a forum for parent, teacher, and student interaction through community events, and promoting open communications between parents, teachers, the DIS administration and the community.
- To further the educational goals of the Dallas International School ("DIS" or the "School") by developing closer relations and interaction among parents, faculty and students associated with the School.
- To furnish financial support to the School to be used in furtherance of its educational goals and, moreover, to promote the welfare of its students.
- To provide a forum in which the opinions of the parents, teachers and the School administration may be expressed and shared.
- To welcome new families, faculty and staff, and to facilitate their transition into the DIS community.
- To serve as advocates for the School to both the DIS and outside community.
The objectives of the DIS-PTO are directed toward parents, teachers, and the general public, and are developed through conferences, committees, projects and programs. The PTO Board of Directors meets monthly to oversee the organization of its various programs and activities. General Member Meetings are held during the school year for all parents, teachers, and staff to attend. Updates and PTO information are presented at these meetings, as well as voting upon policy changes and new board members. Notification of these meetings is sent via the Globe and Room Parent communications.