The world today is more interconnected, interdependent and intercultural than ever. Dallas International School prepares its students to become global citizens who are able to engage in world challenges, and lead successful and fulfilling lives.
By offering the highest standard of educational excellence through the French and International Baccalaureate programs, Dallas International School students graduate with confidence and knowledge gained from a highly rigorous, multilingual education that can lead to careers around the world – and to a more culturally enriched life.
DIS Mission Statement
Dallas International School educates students of all backgrounds to contribute to a dynamic world with its internationally renowned curriculum, multiple language instruction and exposure to diverse cultural views.
DIS Core Principles
Dallas International School’s rigorous academic program, administered in multiple languages, successfully integrates the renowned French national curriculum, the best practices of American education and the comprehensive International Baccalaureate program.
This intellectual experience involves the entire Dallas International School family of students, teachers, staff and parents and creates a unique learning environment that upholds our core principles.
We believe that academic immersion in more than one language combined with a multicultural environment cultivates:
- Respect for others and their ideas
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Appreciation of one’s cultural identity
- Excitement for and openness to other cultures
We believe that a challenging and innovative academic program cultivates:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Intellectual curiosity and love of learning
- Solid learning methods and a sound work ethic
- Balance of intellectual, emotional and physical development
We believe that an encouraging and positive environment cultivates:
- Integrity and fairness
- Confidence and leadership
- Compassion and generosity
- Civic and social responsibility
DIS Core Values
Academic performance is very important. It can open the door to opportunity and pave the way for future success, both in higher education and professionally; however, we believe a values-based, international education is of equal importance. An international, multilingual education emphasizing critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, cross-cultural communication and an appreciation of differences is essential in the world we live in today.
Our values-driven international education is expressed through core principles and values which are woven into every academic and extracurricular activity at DIS. From our core principles, we live and breathe five core values. They embody our mission statement, and are the base of our character education program.
Character education teaches the habits of thought and deed that help people live and work together as families, friends, neighbors, communities and nations. Character education is a learning process that enables students in a school community to understand, care about and act on core ethical values.
Our core values are:
· Empathy: the ability to move beyond ourselves, to identify with others, to walk a mile in another's shoes.
· Integrity: an extension of honesty; it is doing the right thing even if no one is watching.
· Respect: feeling regard for yourself and for others; it is being thoughtful and considerate of others.
· Responsibility: being accountable, doing our best to meet our commitments and to keep our word.
· Resilience: an extension of courage. It’s the ability to recover quickly and to not give up when beset by setbacks and disappointments.