DIS PTO is looking for volunteers for the 2023-2024 school year. We are looking for a variety of positions.
The voting will be hosted online from 5/8-5/14. The winning candidates will be announced on 5/15 and celebrated at the End of Year BBQ on 6/2.
DIS PTO Board Elected Positions :
- President: Must have served at least one year on the PTO Board, or been an active member of the PTO for at least two years, serving as Committee Chair or Room Parent for at least one year.
- Vice-President: Must have served at least one year on the PTO Board, or been an active member of the PTO for at least two years, serving as Committee Chair or Room Parent for at least one year.
- Secretary: Must have good dictation and organizational skills.
- Treasurer: Must have a basic financial knowledge and be experienced working with budgeting and accounting.
- Communications Coordinator: Should be comfortable with electronic communication tools and have good writing skills.
- Room Parent Coordinators (4 positions): Must have at least one year of experience as a room parent, and while it is not required to have a child currently in the section you are running for, the candidate must have had experience as a parent in that section at some point. Teacher recommendation required for the Maternelle and Primary positions. The Election Committee will be responsible for attaining recommendations.
- Maternelle Room Parent Coordinator (TPS - GS)
- Primary Room Parent Coordinator (1st - 4th Grade)
- 5th Grade Room Parent Coordinator
- Waterview Room Parent Coordinator
DIS School Council Reps (4 positions):
Must have a student in the group that you will represent and have no conflict of interest. Parents meet with the Head of School and/or Secondary as needed and attend all 3 school council meetings representing the parents in school operational issues. Read By-laws for school council
- Maternelle School Representative (TPS - GS)
- Primary School Representative (1st - 4th Grade)
- Middle School Representative (5th - 8th Grade)
- High School Representative (9th -12th Grade)