The English Curriculum Development Coordinator will evaluate and provide leadership for the overall English instructional program of Dallas International School; be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Curriculum and Instruction at Dallas International School, including curriculum and instruction, assessment, staff development, program evaluation, and related school functions.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
English Curriculum & Instruction:
- Direct instructional and curriculum services to meet students’ needs in language arts.
- Participate in the school’s decision-making process to establish and review the school’s goals and objectives and major classroom instructional programs, including school action plan.
- Actively support the efforts of others to achieve school goals and objectives and campus performance objectives.
- Develop and submit to Head a strategic plan for meeting with teachers to implement school goals and objectives.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate instructional programs with teachers and Heads, including learning objectives,
instructional strategies, and assessment techniques.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on systematic review and analysis.
- Ensure curriculum alignment with French Ministry of Education and Texas Education Agency.
- Involve instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs.
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of education goals.
- Oversee textbook adoption, order and selection process.
- Support the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Oversee the curriculum for Primary library services and work collaboratively with Primary campus librarian.
- Oversee the delivery of instruction related to special needs. Works closely with the school counselors.
- Keep abreast of advancements in the field of instruction - major initiatives, new research findings, and innovative programs. Share information with DIS staff as applicable.
- Communicates with all stakeholders about the aims and objectives of English-taught subjects, TPS-12th.
- Works closely with the Heads of Department and with the IB coordinator so as to keep abreast of the respective curriculum and goals.
- Works closely with the ESL teacher to provide overall consistency of DIS English curriculum.
- With input from teachers and heads, develop a vertically aligned student assessment system, including required annual assessments, norm-referenced testing, and instructional benchmarking assessments.
- Establish procedures for the administration, use, and reporting of these assessments.
- Maintain database of test results using statistical software.
- In consultation with Heads, provide training for teachers in using assessment results to guide instruction.
- Develop Admissions assessments and evaluation procedures.
- Apply findings from existing research, results of student assessments, and analysis of DIS program data to improve the content, sequence, and outcomes of the teaching-learning process.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to examine curriculum and instruction
- Prepare and submit reports to the Heads relating to the progress and accomplishments in curriculum and instruction development programs.
- Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
- Assist Head with coordination and development of a program for orientation for new teachers and in-service training for experienced teachers.
- Assist Head with establishing classes for teachers to be held within our district for credit purposes.
- Secure consultants, specialists, and other community resources to assist Heads and instructional staff in attaining school goals and objectives.
- Is in charge of the Region 10 and Title 3 programs
Related School Functions:
- Attend Board meetings and other meetings as requested by the Head of School.
- Assist HR Director and Heads in the hiring process for instructional staff.
- Assist Admission Director & Head with the selection of student applicants.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget by preparing cooperatively with the Heads and faculty the curriculum and instruction portion of the budget. That is to say, collect information from faculty to help build the budget (material and equipment they want/need for next year). Then help the Heads to make choices and set priorities.
- Perform all other acts reasonable and necessary to accomplish essential job functions.